Jeff Bell received the phone call that every parent fears. His son Brian, a young man full of potential and promise, had been killed on the job. In this powerful presentation, Jeff Bell introduces his son Brian and takes the audience step by step through the events leading to his death and takes every opportunity to explain what is required to prevent such tragedies.
- Never forget that safety statistics represent real people.
- Think about every job before you do it.
- Look out for your co-workers; have the courage to speak up.
- Ask “what if” to try and foresee unexpected hazards.
- Inspect equipment before use.
- Be aware of pinch points, line of fire and shifting loads.
- Everyone can make a difference; get involved in safety.